06 June 2009

Czech List

As I was researching the US dollar to Czech koruny conversions, I stumbled upon this website:

On this wiki, it suggests things to Do while in the Czech Republic as follows:
  1. Hiking - great! I like doing this here in Indiana.
  2. Swimming - a bit cold right now, I'd say, but fine.
  3. Nudism/Naturism - no thank you. See 2 above.
  4. Pub Crawl - again, I do this in Indiana, and I might assume this will happen while there.
  5. Geocaching - ABSOLUTELY! Soon all nearby caches will be in the iPhone.
  6. Chimney climbing - I'm sorry, WHAT?!
According to the wiki, "Czech Republic is one of the very few (if not the only) country to have an official chimney climbing association - "Svaz českých komínářů" or the "Union of Czech Chimney Climbers" - a state-registered civic organization of people who climb factory chimneys and cooling towers as a leisure activity and also take part in industrial architecture history documentation as well as chimney maintenance and preservation."

Well now, that's just bizarre.
I figure if I complete 50% of the above list, or even 33%, then I'll consider my trip to the Czech Republic a success. Which two, we'll have to see.

No comments:

Followers

Search This Blog