What shall I give up for Lent this year?
I'd like your opinion. I may not choose it, but I'm interested nonetheless.
In 2009 I gave up fast food, as I was stopping on the way home almost every night for dinner before heading home. I lost a lot of weight as a result, too.
In 2010 I gave up Facebook, as it took too much of my time and I wanted to focus on communicating face to face.
I've been drinking a lot of soda recently, even late at night, and it's full of calories, sugar, and caffeine, and I believe it's contributed to me not drinking enough water, then not working out, and feeling generally lethargic.
Thoughts?
3 comments:
It has always been hard for me to determine what to give up. I have a bad soda habit and have tried to give that up before, but it was extremely tough for this pepsi addict. How about giving up using the cell phone while driving? It may be a law one day anyway.
I always try to give up something that can be a daily reminder of what Christ did for me. I've given up soda before - as well as fast food, chocolate, and TV. This year - I am going hard core - and giving up meat. Not just to be traditional, but that will be a twice-daily reminder.
I always thought that Lent was a good time to do something extra, rather than give something up. An extra devotional reading, and extra prayer time, or an extra daily yoga/meditation time. Actually, as I think about this, I should probably do that last one this year. Hmmm...
Post a Comment